- His Jordanian landlord in Jabal Elweibdeh flinched when heard of his nationality and tried to over charge him for utilities. (Shame on you يا ساقط يا سرسري) anyways, he found another, better place in western Amman.
- while riding a ميكروبص he dropped a metal 0.5JD (وأعت نُص ضنار بين المئاعد) he dropped on his knees and started looking for it while everyone was wondering what he was doing. Finally two other passengers took out نُص ليرة and offered to give them to him (!صعبت عليهم)
- had Mansaf at gabri and Knafeh at Habibah (BTW he swore that my Mansaf was a lot better. well, anybody's Mansaf is a lot better than Jabri's)
- He was shocked to see scantily dressed Ammani girls at Upstairs. He mentioned that those tramps would trump American girls! but, at the same time he wondered about all the honor crimes happening in the country. Well, I guess there are two Jordans.
- In general, Jordanians were very nice but not Palestinians. (ouch!!)
- Palestinians hated him a little more for being an Egyptian. (understandable)
An Egyptian friend of mine was in Amman for the Summer. Here are a few of his observations: